In the current era, technology is easy and the Internet is cheap. So, we save a lot of entertaining stuff like movies, videos, photos, eMagazines, podcasts, broadcasts, and news digitally. But the problem is that we cannot access this stuff from cross devices. Say, we cannot watch the movies downloaded on a computer on our Smart TV, Right? But Plex TV is the solution to all your media storage problems. We have written this guide on how to activate Plex Tv Link (https://plex.tv/link login).
With plex TV, it is facile to manage media storage from multiple devices and that too without transfer of files actually. It also enables browsing of personal files on any of your favorite devices. Not just that, it has a lot more other useful features that make media management easy for you.
- 1 How to Activate Plex TV Link (https://plex.tv/link Code).
- 2 Perks of Plex
- 3 Learn to Set up Plex TV Media on Computer
- 4 Idea For Set-Up Plex Application on Other Devices
- 5 Ways To Use Plex TV on Unsupported Smart TVs
- 6 FAQ
Before proceeding, please create an account on Plex.tv and make sure the plex server is up and running using the same user ID.
- Launch Plex on your TV.
- Click on the Sign In Option.
- Your screen then will show a four-character code (This feature is designed by Plex to facilitate quick sign-in for its user). This four-character code will be useful for sign into the Plex TV.
- Now open the link https://plex.tv/link using either mobile phone or computer.
- Enter the details of your Plex account and click the yellow color ‘Sign in’ Button.
- Now it will ask you to enter the same four-character code. Enter the noted code and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- As soon as you sign in the website, the Plex App pre-installed on your smart TV, will auto-refresh itself.
- It might take a few seconds depending on the network signals available.
- When the plex App settings will be synchronized, you would be able to use the Plex app right on your smart TV without any trouble.
Also, Read our guide on the best Random Video Call services.
Video Tutorial of Plex TV Link.
Perks of Plex
- It’s absolutely Free!
- Locations and Geo boundaries are no more a problem now. Plex let you access your content from any corner of the world.
- Audio and Video both are supportable by Plex System.
- If you can take the premium feature of Plex, you would be able to enjoy recording your chosen shows over the air. All you need to do is set up a DVR.
- Plex offers collaboration with TIDAL, high fidelity music streaming website, and enables you to plug in and enjoy listening to Millions of songs anywhere.
Now let’s move ahead more with Plex TV education and understand how it can be synchronized with popular devices.
Note: Here we are assuming that Plex Server is active and running at an efficient speed on your preferred. Plus, don’t forget to create your account on Plex.
Learn to Set up Plex TV Media on Computer
- Open the web browser and head to Plex Website.
- There go to the Sign-up page.
- You need to fill the sign-up form and complete the procedure.
- This makes your computer ready to welcome the download of Plex Media Server Software.
- Now visit https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/.
- You will get several options where you need to choose among the different operating systems. Pick the right operating system on which your computer is running.
- Download the media server settings if Plex or alternatively you can also download NAS (Network Attached Server).
Having done this, you are now able to cherish the media that matter you from any device available.
Idea For Set-Up Plex Application on Other Devices
If you want to set up this amazing flex application on your Android smartphone or iPhone, check out the following easy steps that may help you out.
- Get started with downloading Plex Mobile App from Google Play Store, If you are using an Android phone or from the Apple App store, if you are having an iPhone. You can also find this app on the Amazon app store.
- Now all you need to do is connect the Plex app with the Plex account that you have already signed up.
Using the mobile platform has an advantage as Plex offers multiple signs in option as compared to the TV or desktop platform. It is no compulsion here that you have to sign in through four-character code. Simply synchronize the Plex mobile app with the server and it will all set to fire on the media over multiple devices.
Ways To Use Plex TV on Unsupported Smart TVs
It is true that not all smart TVs support Plex. But since nothing is impossible, so tweaking the technology a bit, we can use Plex even on unsupported smart TVs. For this, we have the following two ways –
Use Dongles or Streaming Sticks
These devices are built for the people who do not have smart TVs but are enthusiastic to watch different media on a big screen. Dongles and streaming sticks come with built-in casting capabilities. The market is full of such Gadgets and the Top branch you may approach is Google Chromecast, Amazon fire stick, and Roku Stick.
Another option is to buy set-top boxes that may allow you to connect on unsupported smart TVs. Although it may add up a little extra cost to your pocket but to serve your entertainment needs and ease, this could be a good idea.
Apple TV and Roku are always supported by Plex applications.
Is It Necessary To Sign in The Plex Account?
Yes, it is necessary. If you would not sign in to the Plex account you would not be able to enjoy the multiple benefits Plex Services.
- Devices like Sony, Xbox, PlayStation, and Smart TV’s Plex will not work without a sign.
- You can remotely manage and access your media storage on multiple devices, only if you are login through the Plex server.
- If you are logged in, you can access the media shared to and from your family and friends.
- For utilizing premium features, log in is compulsory.
Is Plex Legal?
Plex is completely legal and authenticated to use. However, you have to make sure that you don’t cross the limits that may turn it into illegal from legal status. It is highly suggested that they do not make use of Plex for storing pirated media content.
Which Devices Dies Plex Support?
The list of devices supported by Plex are –
- Windows X OS
- NVIDIA SHIELD
- Web Browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Safari).
- Gaming consoles
- Streaming devices.